Welcome to Smell the Roses, I’m so glad you’re here!
My name is Caitlyn Dolan and I am an aspiring home designer from New Jersey. In 2018, my husband Ryan and I purchased our first home in a small beach town at the Jersey shore. It is a historic victorian (circa 1897) with great bones and a whole lot of potential (read more about that here). We have poured our hearts and souls into renovating it and turning it into our dream with the help of my father, Tommy (the jack of all trades and a master electrician)!
Smell the Roses, started in 2016 as a creative outlet where I could share my love for all things cruelty-free, plant-based, and green living while working as a full-time ER nurse. I transitioned STR into a home-design-focused platform after enrolling in interior design school!
Here’s a little about me:
- I realized I loved home design when I got to renovate and redesign my bedroom during my freshman year of high school. I still love its design to this day: pale blue walls with vintage ivory furniture.
- I LOVE animals (especially my 2 dogs) and think they are more like us than they are different.
- Half my week is spent working as a registered nurse in a trauma ICU.
- The other half of my week is spent as an interior design student!
- My husband and I are high school sweethearts and got married on Maui in 2019.
- I consider the Hawaiian islands my second home.
I can’t stress it enough how grateful I am that you’re here. I hope you love my content! To stay up to date, be sure to follow along on my social media accounts! Your support means the world to me so thank you from the bottom of my heart! ?