Although I don’t recommend taking a bath frequently (not the most eco-friendly form of bathing), I do feel it’s okay to occasionally treat yourself to one! Few things help you destress as well as a warm bath with candles and a good book! ? (Fun fact: January 8th was National Bubble Bath Day!)
A warm bath is always nice on its own but there are several products I recommend if you want to take your bathing experience to the next level. As always, all of the products I feature are 100% cruelty-free and natural so you can feel good using them!
Disclaimer: This post is in no way sponsored by the featured brands. Some links are affiliate links.
My Bath Essentials ?
- I did a lot of research to find the best natural & cruelty-free bubble bath and this product from Deep Steep definitely takes the crown! I bought the Lemongrass-Jasmine scent and found it really light and refreshing. You have to use a generous amount but your entire bath will become filled with bubbles that last for a good amount of time! Great for all ages!
- Facts: No Animal Testing | Gluten Free | Non-GMO | Made in Small Batches
- Ingredients: Organic Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Organic Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Extract, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Flower Extract, Coco Glucoside, Organic Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Glycerin (Vegan), Aroma, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Caprylic Acid (Coconut Fatty Acid), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid
- I first discovered these bath bombs in one of my Organic Bunny Boxes and immediately fell in love! Unlike other bath bombs, these are 100% natural and made without Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (a chemical used for foaming), artificial dyes, colorants, or synthetic fragrance (all found in the Lush Bath Bombs ?). Even better, each bath bomb is designed to fulfill a different need. Options include Joint Relief, Bedtime Ritual, Just Relax, Get Well Soon, Muscle Relief, and Relaxing Detox. I love them all! These may not turn your bath all cool colors, but at least the ingredients will nourish your skin instead of harming it!
- Facts: Non-GMO | Mostly Organic | No Animal Testing | Gluten-Free | Made in the USA
- Ingredients: view here under “Additional Information”
- PROMO CODE: “SMELLTHEROSES” saves you 15% in their online store!
- I’m a huge fan of Konjac sponges and use one with facial cleanser to wash my face every night. They have worked wonders on my face so I was so excited when I saw Beauty by Earth made a larger sponge for your body. We often pay most attention to our faces and neglect the rest of our body’s skin. Made from the Konjac plant root fibers and infused with charcoal, these sponges allow you to naturally exfoliate/detoxify and rid your skin of dirt/grime. To use, soak the sponge for a few minutes, rub in a circular motion over your skin, squeeze out excess water and hang to dry in a well-ventilated area.
- Facts: Vegan | Natural | No Animal Testing | Made in the USA
- Ingredients: Konjac Glucomannan, Activated Bamboo Charcoal Powder
- PROMO CODE: “SMELLTHEROSES” saves you 15% in their online store!
- This bath caddy is worth every penny. It may seem excessive, but it has made my bath-time experience so much better. With a special holder for a book/tablet and wine glass, this is the perfect organizer for all your non-waterproof items. It is constructed from 100% bamboo and has extending sides which allow it to fit most bathtubs. I use it to hold a candle, book, and my phone and absolutely adore it! I highly recommend a bath caddy if you do not have one already!
Shop them on Amazon:
Steps to the Perfect Bath Experience:
- Gather everything and anything you need for your bath (caddy, book, candle, wine, tablet, etc.)
- Set up your bathtub caddy.
- Fill your bath 1/2 way with warm water.
- Get in! ?
- Drop in one of your Beauty by Earth Bath Bombs! Watch it fizz and turn your bath into a beautiful smelling little piece of heaven (video demonstration below!).
- Breathe deep and relax for as long as desired.
- When ready, pour in a generous amount of Deep Steep Bubble Bath! (I use about 1/5 of a 17-ounce bottle which fills my entire bath with bubbles!)
- Once your bath is full of bubbles, use your Beauty by Earth Konjac Body Sponge to wash and exfoliate your skin!
- Relax in your bubble bath until all your stress melts away 🙂
A Closer Look at Each Product:
This bath bomb gift set from Beauty by Earth comes in the cutest packaging and each bath bomb smell amazing. They are individually wrapped/labeled and have their corresponding ingredient list printed inside the box’s cover. You can keep them all for yourself or easily gift them to friends/family individually. You can also buy each bomb individually in their online store!
Each bath bomb is made with ingredients that serve a special purpose.For example, “muscle relief” contains organic sea clay, an ingredient often used in mud wraps to help relax and soothe tired/achy muscles!
How cute is this packaging!? You could easily add this to a home spa gift basket or pack it for a bath on vacation! Under the paper wrapper, the bath bomb is wrapped in a vacuum-sealed plastic to keep your bath bomb safe and intact!
This is what the “Relaxing Detox” bath bomb looks like completely unwrapped and ready to be used! All of their bath bombs are accented with essential oils and flower petals. Once dropped in your bath, they fizz and their beautiful aromas quickly fill the room. On the top half of my bath bomb, you can see one of the flower petals sticking out!
Here is a view of the gift box’s inside cover which lists out the ingredients in each bath bomb. As you can see, there are no hidden scary ingredients in these babies! Each ingredient serves a unique purpose and does so without harming you!
This is how the Beauty by Earth Konjac Body Sponge comes packaged. As with all Konjac sponges, when dry it feels hard as a rock. Once wettened or soaked, the sponge expands and becomes super soft but strong enough to exfoliate your skin. This Konjac sponge is 100% natural and infused with bamboo charcoal.
This picture makes me want to take another bath! How relaxing does this scene look and the tub isn’t even full of bubbles yet?! The stand-out item in this picture is definitely the bamboo bath caddy. Made from eco-friendly bamboo, this bath caddy has a place for all your bath-time essentials! The sides even expand for wider bath tubs.
Above you can see the little slot you can slide your wine glass into! (how cool!?) The candle shown here is the “smell the roses” scent from Carefull Candles.
How fun are these bath bombs! They work just like the main brand’s but without all the scary ingredients. They don’t turn your bath into a sea of colors but they do have little flower petals throughout which is a fun surprise! I recommend using 1 entire bath bomb per bath.
Did you ever think a completely natural bubble bath soap could make that many bubbles!? I am in love with this product from Deep Steep. It has amazing reviews online and I can definitely see why. As with most bubble baths, you have to use a generous amount (I used about 1/5 the bottle) but you end up with a tub FULL of beautiful NATURAL bubbles. This product is even great for kids.. who wants to be bathing their child in a sea of chemicals?? Also, the lemongrass – jasmine scent is so light and refreshing (some people felt their lavender scent was too strong).
This konjac sponge actually doubled in size once completely soaked! The video above shows it in action. It is super soft (safe for sensitive skin) but strong enough to thoroughly exfoliate your skin. After using, my skin felt much smoother; the same way it does after I use a konjac sponge on my face! I definitely prefer this sponge to a regular plastic luffa.