One of my favorite fast and nutritious breakfast options is this vegan meal replacer smoothie. Most mornings, I’m rushing out the door so I need something that is easy to make and fast to clean-up. This recipe takes less than 5 minutes! Wanna know the best part? It has a total of 30g of plant-sourced protein! Scroll down the post for the recipe… ???
Disclaimer: This post is in no way sponsored and contains no affiliate links. The recipe is my own!
Vegan Meal Replacer Smoothie
- 2 rounded scoops | Orgain’s Organic Vegan Protein Powder (Vanilla)
- 8oz | Elmhurst’s Unsweetened Almondmilk
- 2oz | water (optional)
- 1 tbsp | organic black chia seeds
- 1/2 cup | frozen organic strawberries
- 1/4 cup | frozen organic blueberries
- 1 frozen organic banana
Nutrition Value Highlights (estimate):
- 30g protein
- 16g fiber
- 43% daily calcium
- 35% daily iron
- 515 calories (remember, this is a meal replacer so this is a proper calorie count for breakfast)
A common misconception about a plant-based diet is that it’s hard to get enough protein, iron, and calcium. In reality, many meat-eaters do not meet these daily nutrient goals either! If anything, converting to vegetarianism forced me to be more mindful of what I consume which has lead me to be healthier than ever. As you can see above, this one shake helps me meet my daily nutritional goals while tasting great.
If you try this recipe, let me know what you think. If you have any recommendations for things I should add, let me know because I love to change it up every now and then. Have a great weekend!